Patch notes are otherwise unremarkable.
On May 1st, Valve released a quick update to Team Fortress 2. Not much of note was included in the update, save for one line in particular:
- Added a tribute to Rick May, voice of the Soldier
- Fixed a client crash related to malformed custom spray files
- Fixed an exploit where sentry guns could fire through thin walls
- Fixed confirm dialog showing the error model for some items when using paint cans
- Updated the Aim Assistant and Telefragger Toque to fix jigglebones issues
- Updated the ConTracker font to fix missing characters in some languages
- Updated/Added some tournament medals
- Updated the localization files
Rick May, the venerable voice actor behind the Soldier class in TF2, died unexpectedly from COVID-19 related causes on April 8 of this year. Highlights of the tribute include a new background on the loading screen, and a new starting theme that plays Taps after some time.
In addition to the new theme, statues of the Soldier have been placed all throughout official Valve-created maps. A fitting tribute to an incredible voice actor, and one of the most memorable classes in all of gaming.